Social Ambassador Fundraising Champion
Social Media Guide
You can use these sample social media posts to get the word out to your social networks! You can copy and paste or get creative - just make sure to always include your fundraising page link in all of your posts.
- Join me in supporting Unite for USD! As a social ambassador, I have my own fundraising page, so check out this link to donate to my personal fundraiser during Unite for USD: [FUNDRAISING PAGE LINK]
- Unite for USD is less than X days away! My goal is to raise $X for the University of South Dakota, but I need YOUR help to get here. Make a long-lasting contribution here: [FUNDRAISING PAGE LINK]
- TODAY IS THE DAY! Join me in celebrating all that USD has to offer by supporting our best and brightest initiatives! Please consider contributing to my fundraising page here: [FUNDRAISING PAGE LINK]. Your gift will made a huge impact on students and Coyotes everywhere!
- The University of South Dakota needs YOU! Join me in supporting their mission of Unite for USD! Follow my link here: [FUNDRAISING PAGE LINK]
- I am fundraising for Unite for USD! Check out my page here [FUNDRAISING PAGE LINK] to donate and share!
- Thank you to the donors and supporters that have helped me reach X% of my goal! Help me get to 100% #UniteforUSD [FUNDRAISING PAGE LINK]
- Use your own personal photos to show your support and tell your story, and make sure to use #UniteforUSD in your post!
- Insert the link to your fundraising page in your bio, that way your supporters will be able to navigate to your fundraising page right from Instagram!
Tips & Ideas for Fundraising
Social Media Challenge: Use social media as a way to interact with others close to the cause and to promote your fundraising efforts. Encourage your friends to share your fundraising page - maybe offer to make a $5 donation in the name of anyone who shares your page or their own story (A great way to encourage participation if you were already going to make some donations).
Hashtag Challenges: Hashtags are a great way to engage with your network! Use any hashtags associated with the organization you’re fundraising for to promote their positive impact and to share reasons why being a fundraising champion is important to you.
- #UniteforUSD - Expand the reach of your fundraising page by inserting yourself into the #UniteforUSD conversation! Your posts will be searchable by anyone looking to be involved in the statewide giving celebration.
Utilize the suite of social share image on the Unite for USD website to make your fundraising posts stand out on social media. Here’s a link to our downloadable goodies section.
You can also enhance your own personal photos using free online editing resources. Personalized graphics will highlight your story to make a greater impact when reaching out to friends and family through email and social media. Including the link to your fundraising page, the organization's name and the Unite for USD hashtag on your image will make the graphic an even more powerful tool for fundraising!