Social Media Guide
You can use these sample social media posts to get the word out to your networks. Copy and paste or get creative!
- Join me this giving day to support USD students by making a gift at UniteforUSD.org right now! Your support during these 1,862 minutes makes a huge impact. #UniteforUSD #SupportYotes
- #UniteforUSD is less than X days away! The University of South Dakota needs YOUR help to make its goal possible. Check out the list of all the initiatives you can support at uniteforUSD.org!
- TODAY IS THE DAY! Join me in celebrating all that USD has to offer by supporting our best and brightest initiatives! Please consider contributing to [insert initiative here] at UniteforUSD.org. Your gift will make a huge impact on students and Coyotes everywhere!
- The University of South Dakota needs YOU! Join me in supporting their mission of Unite for USD! Check out their progress and make a gift at UniteforUSD.org.
- #UniteforUSD is here! Check out my favorite initiative here [insert initiative link here] to donate and share!
- Use your own personal photos to show your support and tell your story, and make sure to use #UniteforUSD in your post!
- Insert the link to your favorite initiative(s), that way your supporters will be able to navigate to their page right from Instagram!
Social Media Contest
Use social media as a way to interact with others close to the cause and to promote your fundraising efforts. Encourage your friends to share - maybe offer to make a $5 donation in the name of anyone who shares your post or their own story (A great way to encourage participation if you were already going to make some donations).
Hashtags are a great way to engage with your network. Use any hashtags associated with the giving day to promote the positive impact and to share reasons why getting involved is important to you. Expand the reach of your voice by inserting yourself into the giving day conversation!
Utilize the suite of social share images on the Unite for USD website to make your posts stand out on social media. Here’s a link to our downloadable graphic section.
You can also enhance your own personal photos using free online editing resources. Personalized graphics will highlight your story to make a greater impact when reaching out to friends and family through email and social media. Including the link to your favorite initiative, the organization's name and the #UniteforUSD hashtag on your image will make the graphic an even more powerful tool for fundraising!